Monday, October 04, 2004

Carlsonics


carlsonics
Originally uploaded by chinese_fashion.
I saw the Carlsonics this Friday night, and it was a jam for real. I remember seeing most of them play as a band called "Mr. Holland's Anus" in somebody's living room at JMU, and it made my stomach turn inside out--turns out years worth of practice has paid off.

The band geared up to get down with some new, sorta indie sounding stuff but slowly built to this dirty, heavy and hilarious psychedelic jam session. Kinda like "Interstellar Overdrive" with a sense of humor. I told my man Mike after the show that even if I thought he was a total asshole, I'd have to grudgingly admit that his band rocked my house.

What really made it work is the fact that they are all obviously really good friends, and just LOVE playing together...just seeing their faces light up as they spit beer and played their guitars with one hand totally turned the show from something that just sounded cool into something special.

See the photos here.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If "Mr. Holland's Anus" made the Mummified Toiletbowl-Didgeridoo player's stomach turn inside-out, then that's saying something!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If "Mr. Holland's Anus" made the Mummified Toiletbowl-Didgeridoo player's stomach turn inside-out, then that's saying something!

Signed,
"The Professional One"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home