Saturday, August 28, 2004

Spinal Mighty Jesus

I had planned to sit down and write another arch and self-deprecating post about work in this pizza place--but something came up.

My sister most probably has meningitis. She called last night, talking about "I have had a headache for like three days and I can't stop puking." And this morning, a friend of hers took her to the doc-in-a-box, who said "My name is Whit and I ain't in this shit. Go to the emergency room for a spinal tap."

So my sister, who lives twelve hours away, is being taken to the hospital for a spinal tap. My parents have been runnign around the house freaking out all morning, packing and talking on the phone to her friends, her friends' mom, sorting out the details of my mom going to visit.

Jess came to stay with me and my girlfriend in Australia for a week a few months ago. To say it went badly would be an understatement. There's been a cold war between us ever since. We've been playing nice with each other, feigned cheer on the phone, etc, but something's been off.

Now her brain could hemorrhage and kill her, or just make her all retarded or blind.

I may not be running around the house hollering, but this is really really freaking me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home