Tuesday, October 05, 2004

This Is Really Weird

I just rolled into work, late.

I honestly think it seems acceptable here, as one of my co-workers rolls in 45-60 minutes late daily. But the thing is, there's nobody around me at all...all the cubes are empty, offices full of bosses: also empty. The girls' desk in front of me has a half-eaten bowl of oatmeal on it, a shawl draped over the back, and a pair of shoes right where the her feet would have been.

This can only mean one thing: all my coworkers were immediately teleported to a mothership high above the earth, where they are sitting around a big conference table and talking about me. They are all getting raises.

Seriously, though, this just can't be good.

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Mean Red said...

wow that is very weird. is it your birthday? it could be a surprise party for you. or else it's a firedrill. can you let us know what it was the next time you post. if you ever find out of course!

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm voting for the fact that today is Columbus Day. I know, it's not a real holiday. It's a bunk-ass holiday, actually. But hell, the banks are closed.

Mary

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I thought this was posted on Oct. 11. I'll pay better attention next time.

Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home