Thursday, March 10, 2005

Paranoid Android

Since you asked, I have been feeling morose and mopey lately, and finding it difficult to infuse this blog with the energy it takes to really make it sing. I'm having one of those times where everything in the world is dumb, except for the lives of other people, which are scintillating and fulfilling to them, leaving me with a decent, usable life that feels like a shopping cart with a flappy wheel.

This is me, though--I have to just self-indulge in the doldrums and then hey, presto, they're over. If this were not a blog, where this sort of thing is normal, I would apologize. I have been comparing myself to Bears Will Attack lately, and feeling that my morose self-indulgence does not live up to its hilarious prose. So it goes.

Nevertheless, there is something about reports of truly shameful behavior that warms my heart...

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Me said...

Give yourself time... we ALL go through it. Truly.

One of these days you'll sit at the computer and boom! Witty, charming, funny and hilarious will jump out of your fingers and into the keys... you won't even know where it came from.

It will happen. :)

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be ridiculous. The strain gets to every hard-working blogger. For direct evidence of this phenomenon, see today's Bears Will Attack, which features comic book art made by someone else.

Cleary no inspiration struck today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home