Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yes ... Offices for The Win

It always started the same way: I'd get up from my chair, push it in and set an "away" message that said "Gone to the moon motherfuckers, see you when I see you."

Then I'd carefully step up onto my desk and elbow-drop my cubicle-mate into slumberland, his eyes and mouth opened wide with disbelief until I connected with his temple.

I would make my escape by swinging away Spider-Man style, gripping the space between ceiling tiles and cupping my hand to my mouth to better broadcast my victorious hooting.

When I wasn't having that particular workplace fantasy -- that one usually occurred several hundred times daily, but only after lunch -- I'd have this one, flawlessly illustrated below by some mysterious genius. Be forewarned: cartoon nudity appears below, may not be safe for work.

Step 1: Flip Your Desk

This also shows up with the subhead "Step 1 - flip your desk ... 2 - block all exits... 3 - smash everything in sight... 4 - set fire... 5 - get naked, reproduce... 6 - hippies" which isn't too bad, either. If anyone knows who did this originally, please let me know in the comments.

Thanks to TechSnap ...

Update:

First of all, credit where it's due. This cartoon seems to come from the Centennial Society, who produced it to put in postage-paid, business-reply envelopes that come with junk mail offers. That makes it just that much funnier, if you ask me. Here's the original link. You can't link directly to this cartoon, but it's under "Business Reply Pamphlet." "Welcome to Geneva" is pretty solid, too.

Also: welcome, Digg readers! Chances are you just came here to see what all the hoopla was about. On the off chance that you're thinking "gosh, I bet this guy does more complex, 'artsy' posts. If only I could see them," well, here you go:

Snake Man of Venice
When the Doves Die
We Make Memories Together, Pretty Or Not
'Roo Shooter

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Oberon said...

......i win....you win....we all win......i like candy.....say hello to rachel.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love love love the cartoon, made me snicker.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger mammalpants said...

dude. you found me! you in nyc now?

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how the man in the 11th image is wearing his socks while shagging his female coworker...

And there is definitely a scene from "Ghost" showcased in this cartoon.

Triple x to the triple o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home