Tuesday, November 02, 2004

What It Was Like To VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY This Morning In Washington, DC

If you're reading this, there's a good chance that you have already or are going to perform your duty as an American and VOTE FOR JOHN KERRYsometime today.

I just got done VOTING FOR JOHN KERRY, and I feel great. Not like, Christmas as a kid great, but sort like a new kind of adult great, like I just finished working out, taking a shower, doing laundry and buying groceries all at once. Maybe balancing my checkbook as well. I hear that can be very gratifying.

I was a little scared this morning because the line at my polling place was out the door, around the corner and halfway down the street. Whenever Americans see lines that long and cannot hear a roller coaster, we get worried. I was terrified that I'd wait in line for like two hours and then find out that everyone was lined up for Springsteen tickets.

Seriously, I got to the line at 7:15 and actually dropped off a VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY in the ballot box at 8:45. I asked some guy who was rolling out of the polls at 7:30 what time he got there, and he said nonchalantly, "Oh, I got here at 5," all like it was normal. I didn't notice any last-minute dirty tricks being played on voters--if you want to read about the heavy-handed fuckery that's going on across America to trick people into voting for the wrong person or not voting at all, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home