Friday, January 13, 2006

Who Cares How Big they Are

megwhite

Eric,

This is a great story about Jack White from the Sydney Morning Herald...his steez and yours, at least rock and roll philosophy-wise, are frighteningly similar.

I could kiss this man. The White Stripes are IMPORTANT, dude, important like Led Zeppelin and if the play it right they could even rattle the Stones. Hunter S. Thompson once described the Grateful Dead's first album as "the heaviest album in the world." I don't agree with that assessment of that album, but I feel it like he feels it every time I hear the White Stripes. They're so perfect and mainstream to boot and they deserve every second they get in the limelight.

1 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You love Meg......seeing them in sunny Australia in a couple of weeks. I might take my purse this time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home