Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Keith Richards Attacks Crazed Fan With His Guitar


Keith Richards, 1981
Originally uploaded by chinese_fashion.
My Uncle Jimmy saw the dinosaurs of rock when they still ruled the earth. He saw Sabbath in the gym at William and Mary, Hendrix at a now-defunct venue in Virginia Beach and Zeppelin twice: once at William and Mary, and again at the Hampton Coliseum. He's told me many times of the Stones show at Hampton Coliseum in 1981 -- how a fan bumrushed the stage to try and grab Keith Richards' sweaty, discarded vest and Keith unplugged his guitar, bashed the fan several times with his axe, then plugged back in and kept right on rocking.

I always thought it was a kind of tall tale, until today. Here's video evidence:


I was never there for it, but I still miss rock 'n roll.

Here's the band in 1971, performing Dead Flowers, my current favorite Stones tune.

4 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Listmaker said...

maybe it is just me but i can't get either of these to work

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Jeff Simmermon said...

Hmmm -- it works fine for me on Firefox and AOL... and NOTHING freaking works on AOL usually. Give it a crack again tomorrow and see. Or send me an email and I'll send you links or something directly.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see any unplugging or plugging in.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He never did that, sounds weird, I saw the DVD.
also...
...I am like 13 yr old & Blonde, and I love guitar and Eric Clapton for an old guy and John Mayer is neat, he's so cutie pie.
Also...I just had to tell everyone that!! I went to a rock show and saw GW Williams Friday. he was the bestest ever.I am so in love with an older guitar man.ok so he doesn't know,but I have a crush on GW Williams.
I got his press release here
Part of him Press Release Is down Below
________________________
Friday evening,I attended the GW Williams,Rock & Blues guitar concert in Seattle I couldn't believe what GW Williams did, neither could 113,473 other people in attendance, GW Williams and his Rock n Roll & jazzy blues guitar style ,along with his Elvis like singing voice may have opened a whole new world of music,maybe a new style was born last Friday night.Rock,Blues,Jazz Guitarist GW Williams Gets 45 minute Standing Ovation IN Seattle Concert

 

Post a Comment

<< Home