Thursday, March 16, 2006

Queen Bitch

waxy_queens

The Miss Adams-Morgan Pageant is probably DC's largest private event, and it's definitely the most fabulous. And when I say fabulous, I mean all that fabulous implies. . You can't buy tickets to it publicly, and it sells out every year... and no amount of money or love can help you score a ticket if you've displeased the glittery goddesses in charge.

It's a drag pageant held every Halloween, roughly, and beats the dog-shit out of any costume party I've ever been to. My friend from work got me two passes and I represented the hetero community that evening. I am told that quite a few straight people attended, but I met none of them, possibly because all the queens kept shoving them out of the way when they caught sight of my camera. They say that one should never stand between a mother grizzly bear and her cub. The same can be said about drunken drag queens and digital cameras.

I wrote about it in more depth here, but have just come across some pretty awesome pictures on a friend's hard drive. She and I took these last fall.

"But why would you post photos from last Halloween on your blog in March, Jeff?" is what you may well be asking. The answer, dozen readers, is because I went to a local blog happy hour tonight and kept having to tell people what my blog is about.

And to be honest, I have no idea at all. But I'm hoping all you sweet people I met last night read this post and look at all the pictures, read the post below about the Florida Avenue Grill and the Black Man With a Pistol Hand and just kinda triangulate a thread that ties it all together.

This link will take you to last fall's photoset from the Miss Adams-Morgan Pageant. This one is the current, newest set. The photos below are from the set I just uploaded. Take a look, tell your friends, and above all else: please link to me, bitches.

And if you're wondering about the title of this post...it's also this incredible Bowie song about bitchy, savage drag queens. Listen to it while you look at the photos and wish you had balls big enough to tuck back into pink sequined tights.

faaAAbulous

manonman

3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said...

Got a fast link to your election post? I'd be interested in reading that one.

Nice meeting you.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger ghettodev said...

Nice meeting you last night.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Roar Savage said...

Nice meeting you. What a great conversation that was! Will you and Kenny be attending in the future?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home