Friday, September 29, 2006

B-Boy Battle Sunday, 10/1


Crafty Bastards Bboy Battle
Originally uploaded by District 47.
The Crafty Bastards Festival is pretty awesome in and of itself. But maybe you know that already.

The B-Boy Battle that's happening in the afternoon is NOT to be missed, however. Sweet fancy Moses, such funky, funky acrobatics. Look closely at this photo -- you'll see me in the crowd.

I saw amazing sight last year, I'll tell you that much. And the dancing, the music and the energy were incredible. If I were not going out of town to meet old friends who are new parents, I'd be staking out a seat by the cardboard now.

4 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

Did you see that the kid with the artificial leg was back this year? He picked up some new moves!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jeff Simmermon said...

No, DAMMIT I missed it this year -- for an equally awesome undertaking, but with zero breakdancing. How was it?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

It was awesome! I only watched about 45 minutes of the actual competition, but the freestyling that goes on before they officially start was even better than the real thing. I have a big girl crush on the girl who was eliminated in the first round... Baby Jesus-willing, I will move like her someday.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, do any of you know who the winning team of the 2-on-2 competition was?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home