Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy Hour Roundup: What You'd Expect

So there was another one of those DC Blogger Happy Hours this Friday night, this time at Lucky Bar. And, predictably, I pulled another one of my exciting blunders. Last time I managed to smash a drink on DC Cookie's feet -- this time, I really topped myself.

I'd ridden 60 miles on my bike on Friday, and basically got off of my second 30 mile jaunt, tapdanced through the shower and arrived at the bar hungry enough to eat a salted infant. You know you're in trouble when you can kinda feel your body extracting the actual calories from bourbon.

When my burger and beer arrived I was like a python at a daycare center: no wasted movement, pure, lightning speed, just INHALING precious food power. Had my burger fallen on the floor, I would have devoured it like a character in an 80's video game. Ever notice how your character feels more powerful after eating a burger off of the ground behind a dumpster? Any ideas where I stole that joke?

Anyway, I was at a table full of semi-strangers, talking excitedly around mouthfuls while trying to maintain KassyK's eye contact -- much easier said than done. Kassy dear, try not to have Poprocks and Red Bull for dinner before you start drinking...

Anyway, I grabbed my beer like it was ketchup, turned it upside down over my food and banged the upended bottom with my palm. As you can imagine, beer went EVERYWHERE. All I could do was pick my plate up with one hand, holding all the food tightly down with the other and drain the ketchuppy beer onto the floor at my feet like it was totally normal, I did this all the time growing up, why, what's wrong with you people staring and laughing?

Just to give everyone I talked to a little digital reacharound:

Gosh, it was really swell to talk to Kassy, Mike Grass, Sally, "Nicola", Martin, EJ, Eliza, Circle V, Ninja Please, I-66 albeit briefly, KOB and Meghan of Cocoricamo AND DC Blogs.

So there you have it. See you shitbirds next month.

5 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Jeff Simmermon said...

You're welcome.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger KassyK said...

AHAHA so sorry...I hadn't eaten and was there for an hour drinking before anyone got there. Apologies and always great to see you. :-)

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Muchas gracias, SeƱor

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it horrible that i laughed? sorry to have missed the mess... but thanks for coming out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home