Friday, January 12, 2007

Bangin' Mash


Yum ting
Originally uploaded by Nutaroonie.
Since getting laid off last month, it's been one long Wednesday, but sort of a Friday, too. And in honor of my memory of Friday, here's a pile of fun mash-ups.

I love a mash-up, man. I can listen to all kinds of crap bands if they're mixed just right -- and it's not an ironic hipster "hey, dig me digging this band" thing, either.

Here's some of the best recent mashups I found last night, sitting here in the dark in a dirty t-shirt and just looping aroiund the Web like a marble in an empty bathtub:

From The Best of Bootie, 2006:

A plus D – Sexy Peek-A-Boo (Justin Timberlake vs. Siouxsie & the Banshees)

DJ Moule – Black Sabotage (Beastie Boys vs. Led Zeppelin)

Disfunctional DJ -- You're the One That I Want In the Next Episode (Snoop Dogg vs. Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta)

From CultureBully's Favorite Mash-Ups, 2006:

DJ BC -- Free Adidas (Tom Petty vs. Run DMC)

A plus D – Beethoven's Fifth Gold Digger (Kanye West vs. Beethoven vs. Walter Murphy)

Soulwax is, in my mind, the greatest bunch of mashup artists in the world -- their latest album, Nite Versions is a mashup of ITSELF, a remix of previous Soulwax work that is even better than the original stuff. Here's a video of a previous incarnation of one my favorite songs:



Happy Friday, folks.

3 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger j.c. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol I really like the "A plus D" mix. Sounds awesome.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger David said...

Would love to hear Free Adidas, but the link goes to the 'Grease/Snoop Dogg' track.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home