Monday, January 08, 2007

The Jackman Community is Pleased, Sorta

My previous post about Hugh Jackman at the Whitney has been linked to from a Jackman fan forum in one of the weirdest referrals this blog has EVER seen. Check out the discussion for yourselves.

Even though it's the Web, and copy-paste is totally normal, it's strange to see my words republished in the forum ... and stranger still to see the word "shit" starred out, misspelled, or otherwise danced around. I lived in Australia for nine months and I never once met a single person that even seemed to think "shit" was a bad word.

That post got more than the usual amount of comments over the weekend, mostly from Jackman fans who thought I'd done the right thing by not taking/posting a photo. And while I generally like it when the public confirms my suspicions that I am, in fact, awesome, I have to wonder ...

If there is a community that exists solely for the purpose of discussing a celebrity's life (note that in the link above, I am called to task for misidentifying Jackman's kids), do they really think someone who doesn't take photos of said celebrity is all that great? Because you know these folks would pounce on any photo they could if they were given the chance. It's only human nature.

Anyway. I've been on a bus for five hours and hiking around New York in a pair of played-out Chuck Taylors. My dogs are barking, people. More soon ...

3 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That message board automatically stars out (***)anything that they feel is not a proper word, it had nothing to do with the person who copied and pasted your original post.

Good on ya for respecting his personal space and for telling him about his fly HA.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how many different ways there are to live your life.

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me, no matter what they say, they would have LOVED a pic of him with his fly open.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home