Monday, July 16, 2007

Birdman on the L Train

I was just sitting there on the L train back to Brooklyn, trying to come up with something to post today when it fell in my lap with a bow and a smile.

A middle-aged black guy wearing a hat with a big old peacock feather in it, sunglasses and a fanny pack got on the train and stood right in front of me. As soon as the doors shut, he let out a warbling war whoop and launched into a series of bird calls. What was really fascinating is that he had no discernible facial expression at all -- this was TOTALLY normal, as normal as reading the ads on the train or checking out the subway map

Here's a video:



What I really loved the most about the whole experience was that nobody paid any mind to him at all. They just looked at the floor or their watches or something as though this happened all the time.

Then I realized that in New York, it DOES happen all the time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: once you really, truly don't care if other people don't think you're crazy, the world is yours.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.LMAO....Next time bring some song bird seed and see what else he can do.!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.!!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Zen said...

Hmm ok, yeah, that is NY, like LA but colder

 

Post a Comment

<< Home