Monday, November 22, 2004

Less Than 36 Hours


us.bins.rottoWEB
Originally uploaded by chinese_fashion.
.

The incomparable Natasha is currently in New Jersey--she's in the photo--the one on the right.

She'll be in DC on Tuesday night, and I am so excited and nervous I don't know what to do with myself. We last saw each other in the Perth airport on May 15th, kissing goodbye through tears and the taste of vomit.

I was so determined to have my last Australian meal that I totally ignored my nervous sad and upset stomach, forcing down a meat pie and iced coffee on the way to the airport. By the time we got there, both Tash and I were bawling uncontrollably, hugging tight.

I had to pull away suddenly and I'll never forget the steam rising from the brown flag flying out of my mouth, a liquid spear soaring through the chilly Aussie autumn air.

We've talked on the phone nearly daily since May, and now she's here. 24 hours after arriving at my place, we're gonna be in some guy's car heading to my parents for Thanksgiving.

The apartment in mostly set up, clean as I am capable of getting it. There's nothing to do but sit here and gnaw my fingernails up to the elbow...

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet her and do some catching up. Figured you all would have a busy first few weeks, but hoping that we can get together for drinks or dinner sometime soon.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and of course I forgot to sign my comment.

-david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home