Thursday, April 14, 2005

Vacation

It's been a good long while since I posted here--I've been slammed. Between working on a piece for MaisonNeuve and trying to stay afloat at work, pretty much the last thing I've wanted to do is look at the glowing screen any longer than absolutely necessary.

And after slipping in the kitchen last night and breaking my fall with a wine glass, spending the night at Howard University's ER and leaving six hours later without stitches, I am good and god-damned ready for this vacation.

Tash and I are heading to Clarksdale MS and Memphis. We're going to Graceland, Al Green's church, hunting for the perfect fried chicken and checking out the Clarksdale Juke Joint festival. The festival's main attraction is a bus ride among seven country juke joints featuring all the best live local blues music Clarksdale can offer. Considering that Clarksdale once offered up Robert Johnson, I think its best could be pretty good.

That's all. It's gonna be dead on here for ten days or so and hopefully thrilling upon my return. Try and behave yourselves.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Elvis my regards. I haven't made a pilgrimage in a while. If you have extra time when you're in Memphis you guys should have dessert in the restaurant in the Peabody Hotel. Damn good eatin'.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Listmaker said...

damn, you've got to find the wrestling that goes down every sat morning- afternoon. you'll love it!

and you must go to the crazy dude in mississippi who has dedicated his whole life/ house to elvis. open 24/7. if you're interested in more info, e-mail me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home